Wednesday 2 December 2015

Editing - Dodge and Burn

 BEFORE:



AFTER:


EDITING:


Firstly, I selected the part of the image that I would use the dodge and burn tools on, as this allows me to only edit this part of the image.


Starting with the dodge tool, I drew over half of her face in three layers - giving a very visible edit. The dodge tool makes the image lighter and gives it a white filter. This could be used to whiten teeth or eyes in a portrait.


I then edited the other half of the face with the burn tool. The burn tool makes the image darker, giving it an almost black filter. This could be used to make a model more tanned, or to darken any parts of an image such as the backdrop or the models clothing.

SECOND EXAMPLE:



In this edit, I used the burn tool on the background to darken it - making the vase appear brighter - and to even out the lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment