Wednesday 2 December 2015

Editing - White Balance Adjustment

BEFORE:


AFTER:


EDITING:


Firstly, I opened a new threshold layer and dragged the arrow from the left towards the middle until parts of white began to show. Then, using the colour sampler tool, I selected a part of the white that was showing.

I then opened a curve layer and once it was opened I closed the threshold layer. In the curves layer, I selected the 'black balance' eyedropper. Once I located the point where I used the colour sampler tool, I clicked here. This darkened any points that contained the complete black parts of the image. This would make the white appear brighter.



I repeated this again, but instead slid the arrow on the threshold layer from the right to the middle. Again, I used the colour sampler tool to select a white part of the image. When I had opened the new curves layer, I selected the 'white balance' eyedropper tool, clicking where I had selected the white previously. This whitened any parts of the image that were white-toned, balancing the white in the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment