Tuesday 17 November 2015

Joiners - Work Diary

In today's session, we look into the photographic technique of 'joiners'. This is where you take multiple pictures of an object, person or landscape and layer them on top of one another to create one whole image. This makes the image seem strange and choppy, giving it a nice effect. I really enjoyed this as it allowed me to play around with Photoshop and create an image I really liked. I took pictures both in the studio and outside, and created both full body shots and close ups.


This was my favourite image of the day. I like how, although I have successfully created a full body image using multiple pictures, it still seems slightly incomplete. I also like how the different layers are completely distinguishable due to different angles and lighting.


I did not like this image as much as I did the other two I created. This is because you cannot see the different layers and detail very well in the image. If it weren't for the edges of the photograph, this would seem quite normal and wouldn't look much different from a regular image.

Progression

If I were to shoot joiners again, I would take images of objects and of landscapes as today I purely focussed on portraiture. I feel that doing this would allow me to broaden my skills and allow me to find the image subject that I find easiest to edit and also which one I enjoy editing the most. I would also take more pictures of the subject, as with these shoots I stuck to around 15 images. Taking lots of little pictures will allow me to manipulate and experiment with the image better.

1 comment:

  1. you should be able to make an additional series of joiners e.g. two landscapes in the next few weeks. if you do this you will demonstrate sustained and focussed investigations AO1...

    ReplyDelete