Thursday 26 November 2015

Portraiture Part II - Work Diary

Today we continued to focus on portraiture photography, but during this lesson we took location photographs. We were tasked with taking photographs with a shallow depth of field. Whilst I liked taking location portraitures, I found it difficult to take images with a very shallow depth of field and used a blur tool in photoshop to create this effect.


I like this picture as I really like the lighting that is coming through the windows, and I like how she is more in focus than the background. I also like that the colours are all complimentary and of the same theme, as the door and her coat are different shades of green.


I didn't like this image as I feel that it isn't a good example of portraiture, as it does not have her face in the picture. Although, I do like how she is almost a silhouette as the light is coming from in front of her.

Progression

If I were to do this shoot again, I would try harder to get a narrower depth of field in my images, as I feel that my technique was the reason I did not manage to get this. I would position the people in my photographs further from the background so that it would be easier to focus on one thing.


1 comment:

  1. good but what aperture did you use, this might help in your analysis?

    ReplyDelete