Tuesday 29 September 2015

Colour Manipulation - Work Diary

In addition to my work on colour photography,  I worked on photoshop and experimented with colour manipulation. This is where, using certain tools in photoshop, you are able to change certain colours in an image, or only have specific parts of an image in colour. I liked doing this as I had total control of how my pictures came out, and also was able to make my pictures whatever colour I wanted them to.

Original:


   Edited:

I like this image that I took and edited, as it uses both selective colouring and a colour change. The logo for 'Iceland' is usually orange and yellow. I changed this by selecting only this part of the image with the quick selection tool, and then used the hue/saturation tool to change the colours. Then, inverting the selection, I used the black and white tool so that the logo was the only colour in the image. This makes the colours pop.




Whilst I do like how the colours in this edit are very vibrant and bold, I do not like how there has not been much change between the two images. I only used the hue/saturation and brightness tools on this edit, as there wasn't much to change. I felt that this made the colour manipulation less clear to notice and not as eye-catching.

Progression

If I were to do this again, I would change the colours of universal brands such as Coca Cola or Tesco as, when you would see the change of colour, it would be noticeable immediately. I would also try more colour selection as I mostly just changed the colours of images rather than making them black and white.


No comments:

Post a Comment